View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #696
Ixopoborn
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Bill Ryan's thread

Dear Bill - I just wanted to underscore supportive comments of others in your approach to matters in general. You have assembled a very impressive wall of interviews through being careful and it is now more essential than ever that you continue with this strategy. All is at risk if you don't.

The business of attracting high quality whistleblowers must involve a certain degree of prior respect from them towards Camelot. In the early days, you had to earn this by repetitive measured approaches designed to build confidence before you could come close to agreeing a published interview. Now, things are a little easier in that regard probably a lot easier. I can well imagine that the flow of approaches from whistleblowers has increased a lot over the last 18 months. If so, this would explain a lot of the evident current tension between your and Kerry's judgement about what to do next. On the one hand, so many interviewing possibilities and on the other a reputation which could be trashed by as little as two bad interviews in sequence. On the one hand, the motive to "get the truth out there" as quickly as possible and on the other, a recognition that harmful forces may badly embarass you if you let down your guard.

I have to say that when I read the "Heather" document published on the Camelot site recently, I smelt a rat within a few paragraphs confirmed by a reading of the whole document. The essence of the account may be truthful but there is definately something wrong with its provenance.

Despite the problems, it is hugely evident that you and Kerry want the same thing - to play as active a part as possible to bring about important changes to the future of life on earth.

Kerry's energy and drive for the subject matter is to be admired. Your more careful assesments of whether or not to publish are essential.
Ixopoborn is offline   Reply With Quote