View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #2007
Luminari
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

Had a great few days up in the highest mountains in queensland..
Saw 12 shooting stars last night and a weird thing that was probably a spacecraft but im really not sure (guess that qualifies as UFO - unidentified).

I took a little infrared torch and a star map with me and memorised every constellation in the whole sky. I remember them all clearly now and their relative postions in relation to each other, So Im happy, Ive wanted to do that for years but you cant see much down in the city.
Will need to do it again at other points in the future to catch the others that were below the horizon. Fairly close to the earths equator here so you can get a good view of the constellations from both hemispheres.

I have a freakish memory for some reason, I learnt every capital city in the world in 2 days... I ask people to test me as a game and I can remember them even if im drunk .

So learning 88 constellations is no big deal.
I learnt what the latin-english translation of them all is and am going to learn the names of all the alpha stars in each, then beta etc..

Going to do the table of elements soon for fun (anyone have a copy of the extended table of elements that the black-projects work with? John Lear - please help)

What should I memorise next?
Luminari is offline   Reply With Quote