View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #35
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: can you FORGIVE us?

Forgiveness is one of my favorite subjects, having recently realized how important it is for my own progress.

I roll these quotes out quite often - forgive me if you read it all before:

In the Law Of One, during an answer to a question about Jesus, "the entity" in the following quote (17.20) Ra stated
Quote:
When the entity had become able to integrate or synthesize all experiences, the entity began to speak to other-selves and teach/learn what it had felt during the preceding years to be of a worthwhile nature. The entity was absolved karmically of the destruction of an other-self when it was in the last portion of lifetime and spoke upon what you would call a cross saying, “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do.” In forgiveness lies the stoppage of the wheel of action, or what you call karma.
This set in motion a recurring line of questions and answers that went far through the subsequent Q&A's which I have always found fascinating and illuminating on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Of One
18.12 Questioner: You stated yesterday that forgiveness is the eradicator of karma. I am assuming that balanced forgiveness for the full eradication of karma would require forgiveness not only of other-selves but also the forgiveness of self. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. We will briefly expand upon this understanding in order to clarify.

Forgiveness of other-self is forgiveness of self. An understanding of this insists upon full forgiveness upon the conscious level of self and other-self, for they are one. A full forgiveness is thus impossible without the inclusion of self.

34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.

34.5 Questioner: If an entity develops what is called karma in an incarnation, is there then programming that sometimes occurs so that he will experience catalysts that will enable him to get to a point of forgiveness thereby alleviating the karma?

Ra: I am Ra. This is, in general, correct. However, both self and any involved other-self may, at any time through the process of understanding, acceptance, and forgiveness, ameliorate these patterns. This is true at any point in an incarnative pattern. Thus one who has set in motion an action may forgive itself and never again make that error. This also brakes or stops what you call karma.
It would seem to me that forgiveness and healing are interrelated to the extent that they are almost synonymous - the one cannot occur without the other.

> can you FORGIVE us

Yes.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 01-28-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote