View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #188
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: God, Jesus, Satan, Lucifer, Gabriel, Michael, Amen Ra, Hathor, Abraxasinas, Thuba

Thank-you RedeZra. Truth is illusive...isn't it? What do you think about posts #158 and #159? Do these posts reveal new light?

The following is a bit out of place in this portion of this thread...but it is very relevant regarding the overall subject of the thread. It's being pretty much ignored on another thread...so I thought I'd post it here. I think that the principles and concepts are extremely important. Here goes:

What about positive thinking and self esteem? Are they in harmony with the teachings of Jesus? Are they a new religion which is out of harmony with the words attributed to Christ? What is the underlying principle in the four gospels? Is it positive thinking and self esteem, or something else? Without going into a proof text rant, I must say that I find positive thinking much more biblical than self esteem! Faith is closely related to positive thinking, and is well thought of in scripture in general, and the teachings of Jesus in particular. On the other hand, self esteem is closely related to pride, and is decidedly not well thought of in scripture in general, and the teachings of Jesus in particular. An extreme rendition of the joining of positive thinking and self esteem is 'I Am God'...which is not something that the Bible encourages its readers to go around proclaiming!

The problem is self delusion and self centeredness. Not facing reality is a form of lying...to yourself! Self exaltation is self centered. Self degradation is also self centered. The religion contained in the teachings of Jesus is a religion of responsibility! To be responsible is to face reality...see it clearly...formulate a responsible course of action...and then to implement this plan. It is duty centered! The focus is external...not internal! When someone lives responsibly, the byproduct is appropriate positive AND negative thinking (which includes both faith and doubt), and an appropriate self image. They are the fruit...not the root! In other words, positive delusion is not the solution to negative delusion, and self exaltation is not the solution to self degradation! Responsibility trumps both positive thinking and self esteem! The religion of positive thinking and self esteem is not the religion of the teachings of Jesus. The religion of responsibility is the religion of Jesus! We should seek the exaltation of the Human Race...rather than the exaltation of ourselves. Pride goes before a fall...but so does a lack of confidence! Balance prevents a fall!

Please don't misunderstand my seemingly harsh stance on positive thinking and self esteem. A negative thinking and self degrading Christianity opened the door wide open to these teachings. They have come as a breath of fresh air to millions of people around the world! But some have found Peale appalling and Paul appealing! Teaching and preaching centered in postive thinking and self esteem have been corrective...but they should not be normative! A religion of responsibility, as found in the teachings of Jesus is, in my view, the normative standard! The humble often submit to the proud. Refuse to kneel before tyrants! Stand tall...and lift!

Namaste Constitutional Responsible Freedom

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 03-13-2010 at 12:49 AM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote