View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
Oliver
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: March 8th International Woman's Day

OK..This master piece of love toward women accuses men for enslaving them...or this woman particular. See the colors, all men clothes are fascinating red, it is dominating...as they are sink in a blood up to their necks...the blood of victims, women.
Than see the gesticulations of most of them. Can you reed it? As they are afraid from a (naked) woman, from her beauty (woman`s body is just shining)...they do not understand women, they are tyrants.

Than, see that small sculpture in the middle of the paint. Who is that? Maybe a God Mars, or maybe just some noble warrior? Or maybe even Athena?...and, what is most important, see where the direction of the spear is...toward the cowards-tyrants. Classic paintings, specially the greatest ones, are telling us a lot with such a details, and there is not only one level of meaning.

And, what do you think, why is she covering her eyes with hands, and not some parts of the body, that would be usualy an instinctive reaction? She can`t look at them? Why?

If i would like to go further, maybe I could comment why the blue overcoat that is just taken out of her - is exactly blue? It has meaning, but it is enough, I think.

Satisfied?

Greetings.

Last edited by Karen; 03-10-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote