View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #40
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Community Project

Unfortunately South America isn't the right destination for me since I'm a female who's alone, don't speak the language...

Yes the islands rely on imports, but I can take my electronics, computer and other necessities with me to the islands. Once I have a place to live I've learned to live fairly simply on a shoestring budget when necessary. As humans we really don't "need" a whole lot to survive...I've learned to live inexpensively so I'm not too concerned about that. I don't care where you live, there are ways of acquiring what we need inexpensively - you just have to be resourceful.

Even tho Hawaii depends on imports, the US mainland does too and I'm starting to see signs of inflation with price increases across the board. So, if you can grow your own food year round that helps, which you can do on the islands. If you get desperate, you can also find food in the jungle there...and the weather is good year round.

The whole idea of living a self sustained lifestyle is the goal here, part of which means not needing a whole lot of $$$ to survive because you're self sufficient.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote