View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 PM   #46
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Default Re: The Good, The Bad & The Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer1965 View Post
Yeah...why don't we hang their Avatars on a cross when you first log in as a warning to all......
As hilarious as that looks and sounds (with music playing in the background) that is pretty much the picture I get when thinking about making the list and reasons for being banned a public spectacle.

As I look over the banned log and I reflect on other posts about the increasing freqency of the group of people here at Avalon I must ...

Put On Moderator Hat

And say I nix this idea of a public list.

Please just rest assured that the moderators are making balanced and fair decisions. For every action we take, we ask for a vote from the other moderators that are present or pop online in the next few hours. I know the not knowing why is an irritant ...

Our society puts up Walls of Honor to publicly honor those deeds we deem honorable. Do we also put up Walls of Shame in public places? (I suppose we might have a few) When you get fired from a job, does the boss put up a sign outlining your transgressions? I recently pulled an animal card from the deck - Lynx - the keeper of the secrets. Can there actually be good reasons to keep secrets, such as to minimize public humiliation?

I understand this movement towards transparency ... and the call for an end of keeping secrets ... but like a alternative cancer doctor friend of mine says about all alternative treatments - all treatments cut both ways. You can do a therapy that will kill the primary tumor - but cause the metastasis to go wild.

So don't forget to look at the other side of that transparency knife.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote