View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #52
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: To the founders of Avalon2: Think and feel!

Ok, I will begin by explaining why I have not posted more than 10 words in the last week, or so.

It can best be explained by the fact that when I went to the "New Posts" page, this morning, 12 out of the first 25 threads were nothing but sniveling, whiny, ill-informed, ill-meant posts by the REAL people who have destroyed this form.

Congratulations! The two-faced, back-stabbers and their uncanny ability to kick a sick dog in the stomach, when it isn't looking, has really shown me the path, and behavior of the truly enlightened.

Next!
Now that I have already run off everyone with absolutely no interest in them... allow me to provide some actual AV2 facts:

1. PM's and personal pages:
Yes! There are "personal pages, where people can mark each other as friends, share quips, quotes, pictures, links, just like this place.

Now, I know just what all the good-hearted, trusting people here will say, "Oh he is possessed by Satan, or his bride, or hell why not... he IS Satan himself, the father of liars". So... while I attempt to straighten a few things out, I will provide fake photographic evidence, to prove it.

Exhibit A:

Boy, if I didn't know better that looks like a "personal page", of someone else, with a message on it, from me. But wait... it gets better.

You have the ability to not only "have a page" to share, it has 3 additional things (I've found so far) to boot:
  1. You can have a collection of things there which are visible to everyone.
  2. You can have things in a "private section" NOT visible to everyone.
  3. You even have a third place where you can store notes and links solely for yourself!
Finally, yes you can send PM's to anyone on the forum!

2. Guidelines:
Quote:
I won`t refer to all rules/guidelines of Avalon 2.
Just this - too rigorous!
First of all, I read the guidelines page as well. I've been looking at "forum guidelines" pages for about 11 years now, and I don't see much that is different from any other one. Yes, they are about a page, and a half long, but they get that way, when you are forced to pry something as simple as:
"If you don't know how to act like a guest in someone's home, use the door, or we'll have to show it to you."
into language any Internet Lawyer can pour over for hours, and hours, looking for loopholes that give them, and only them the right to act like a complete jerk.

I see nothing in these, I haven't seen in many other forums. and YES, that includes reserving the right to either alter, or delete anyone's post, any time, for any reason. I'll also say that, from my experience, a forum that doesn't do that, probably lasts 10-30 days.

Next, let me take the opportunity to add that, for those who think Mists Of Avalon is God's own answer to this, there are already posts over there complaining about threads being (gasp!) deleted, and threads being edited by the mods.

Wait! I just checked. Not only are several threads missing, but the thread complaining about missing, and edited threads is missing too! Aw gee. paradise lost, so soon.

Quote:
Mudra;
There isn't any Spirituality subdivision either in PA2.
Well, Mudra said it, so it must be true, right? So...

I guess there is no Spirituality section, and there isn't already 5 posts in it, including one of mine.

While I am on that, Mudra...
Didn't you decide this place was unworthy of your continued attention, so you were leaving 3 days ago ? Yet here you are, posting in one of the "Let's beat a dead horse" threads... still.

I also notice that the special section, at M.O.Av. with your name on it was also deleted in the last 15 minutes (6:15 PDT).

Let me ask all the AV 2 detractors a simple question:
Were any of you logged in while you were there?

You see, much isn't visible yet, to people who aren't logged in. That also is a management decision. You see when someone pays for someplace to exist then, just like their home, they can do things like that.

Understanding this though, would take one of two things:
1. Having a bit of trust or faith in what Bill Ryan intends, and waiting.
2. Being a guest in someone's home.

It has been very hard for me to keep my mouth shut, while people I once had respect for, have used zero information, bad information, assumptions, even assumptions made by others, and outright lies and pettiness to make a place I really loved, into something I still love, now covered with bovine excrement; and laughing while they did it.

But I gave my word to keep quiet on many subjects until PA 2 development was farther along. I kept that promise. Meanwhile people I once respected lined up around the block to pee on someone elses tree, "out of respect".

This explains why this post isn't full of "sweetness and light". Trust me, it is no form of apology, either. I'll save that for Bill Ryan, if he thinks I was out of line here.

I do wonder what happened to people practicing a little faith, and trust. Has gratitude come up, lately?

I'm done.
Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 03-16-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote