View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #86
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Who are you? What is your purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
No. I don't think there is some higher self that thinks, makes decisions, and so forth. The brain/mind system of human beings does that. The natural evolutionary processes of the living system we know as The Earth has caused us to be formed in the manner we find ourselves in. Is there some "purpose" as human beings think of it? Probably not. The whole "purpose" thing is locked in the realm of the mind and probably has no correlation to things existing in the real world. But if we are created by the Earth for some purpose it would seem to be to take our DNA off the planet and into space since we are the only life form here capable of achieving space flight.

What is the purpose of the planet Mercury? Does it have one? Or does it exist simply because the laws of physics caused it to be formed? Human beings exist. Any "purpose" for the individual is self determined but is that self determined purpose "real"? Probably only in our minds.
Trainedobserver...so it is your understaning that we as humans, with our 'perfect' inteligence and understanding of OUR and ALL existance, ARE the 'non plus ultra' in these vast universes and nothing, really nothing more could exist that would evtl. be more advanced that we are?

Sorry, this all remindes me of the darwinian postulates about the human 'evolution' as well as the standard laws of physic, which I both can't accept any more. Simply, there are so many implications that these theories just can't explain all that we can perceive in 'this 3D reality'.

The question about the "purpose"...well, just regarding the fact that I can 'think' with my mind, doesn't make me the creator of this realm. Nor my limited human mind is capable of anythig more then accepting this realm as it is. I can only suggest, to everyone interessted in some 'scientific' explanations of how our minds really works, to read some material of Karl Jung, "our friend" Sigmund Freud and also Daniel Goleman.

The question about the "purpose" is much more than that. It all starts in my 'conscious' mind.

Now, You just went phylosophical with the question about the purpose of Mercury...really, what is the purpose? Do WE know? NO, at least not with our conscious mind.

And the fact that the humans exist...well, let ME be phylosophical this time:

I must remind you of the very known words from Réne Descartes whith his known "Cogito, ergo sum" or "I think, therefore I am". Sounds fine...I AM.

...but do we have the answer to the question WHO I AM / AM I...? Does the earth with her 'evolutionary' cycles provides the real answers?...

Thanks anyway for your great contribution.

These kind of discussions alone is worth of being human and be here with you!

THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING! GREAT REPLIES SO FAR.

with respect
malletzky

Last edited by Malletzky; 02-11-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote