Thread: Vitamin D3
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
dreb13
Avalon Senior Member

Default Vitamin D3

Henry Deacon suggested last year that Vitamin D3 is a good thing to have on hand in case of a viral epidemic. D3 is produced naturally from the Sun.

from Project Camelot:

Quote:
Vitamin D3 (5000 IU per day) provides excellent cheap insurance against viral epidemics, whether natural or engineered. Dark-skinned people may require slightly higher doses. More than 5000 IU per day is not recommended on a regular basis. D3 has many additional benefits to include teleomere protection. Ten to twenty minutes of exposure to sunlight (on your skin) will generate more than enough D3, but for those who are indoors most of the day (elderly or office workers), or those who are in high-latitudes (during winters) should compensate with approx 5000 IU per day of D3

http://www.projectcamelot.org/liverm...ysicist_4.html
I started to take D3 in the fall of 2007 because I work in an office and during the winter months, I rarley have any exposure to the sun. I usually end up missing a day or two of work at some point between January and March due to a common cold but last year was different. I took 3000IU of D3 every day after lunch and remained healthy for the entire Winter and Spring...until I ran out and stopped taking it for a couple of weeks. At one point, I started to feel like a cold was comming on and bought some more D3 and never got sick. I did not take D3 during the summer because I'm exposed to sunlight more often and get my 15 minutes a day without any problems. I'm back to work now in an office and I've started taking D3 again and hopefully I'll stay healthy this Fall/Winter/Spring.

Has anyone else tried D3 after reading about it on Project Camelot?

My only question is how do you bottle up the sun in pill form? Was this a case of mind over matter where I "thought" that I wasn't going to get sick therefore I didn't sick??

Henry Deacon, do you have any more information to add??

Last edited by dreb13; 09-09-2008 at 07:08 PM.
dreb13 is offline   Reply With Quote