View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #36
Kahunamahalo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The next six weeks

Hi all,
New here and I like what I see so far. I would like to comment on what has been discussed regarding the "upcoming events". One only has to look back to hurricane Katrina to get glimpse of what will happen when ordinary human needs are not met. It did not take too long for human beings to revert to animalistic behavior when they were denied these needs. This is not a negative view, only a realistic one.
Most of the U.S. population is armed to the teeth with registered and un-registered weapons and a good portion would not go quietly to forced labor or prison camps. In fact, we would probably see something along the lines of the short lived T.V. series Jericho.
One needs to remain aware and realistic if events unfold as predicted by so many. I am not LDS but I admire their views towards preparedness. If things get very bad, no amount of peace and love will keep us alive. Many will simply shoot us for our meager food and water stockpiles.
I admire the "networking" approach advocated here and look forward to being a part of this community. Much thanks to Kerry and Bill for their foresight. Be safe and have common sense.
Jerry
Kahunamahalo is offline   Reply With Quote