View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #137
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Devon and Cornwall people!!

Happy New Year to you all !

And welcome to the Devon and Cornwall Thread Gita... nice to have more 'crazies' around the place
I saw quite a few go up on New Year's Eve. I was staying at my parent's place near Seaton. There were quite a few and it's not a very populated place. Strangest of all was one seemed to go up from the field next door. No one lives there. However, I will say that I saw my first 'lantern' at glastonbury festival some years back now. They were selling them on the site. I thought it was a ufo back then, because I had never seen such an orange silent moving glow in the sky before. The way in which they move is very eerie.

However in subsequent years at the festival, numbers rose steadily as more and more people bought them. I'd have to say that the ones I saw on New Years Eve moved in exactly the same way as the ones at Glasto. So I'm pretty sure the one's I saw were Lanterns. Quite a lot though.

Doesn't mean they can't use the existence of lanterns as a disguise for something else. Video of erratic behaviour would be good if someone catches one.

K

P.S. Totnes is only 15 min drive from me, it's lovely. If anyone fancies meeting there for a drink, let me know ! And yes, there is a special event tintagelcave between those dates - My Birthday !
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote