View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 01:46 AM   #6
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to Decide about Safe Places on earth?

If you prepare for the worst level scenario... you must have community as survival cannot be had alone or with just one or three other people. There must be skills, there must be cash flow to move & build and there must be manpower to work. It would be an entirely NEW way of living! no doubt!

... to heck w/extinction level events... just have a good deal number of bottles of wine and sleep thru it. ...yeah right! (snorts)

So, unless you are prepared to go the "worst scenario", you can only prepare in a somewhat meager sense, having food on hand for a year, having a varied supply of heirloom seeds, garden, have some propane, blahblah...... Even then, going it alone is "hard core" nearly impossible and depending on where you are living it would not be long that you are overcome, either from trying to help others or overcome by those you can't help.

I'm not talking about the survival of your soul, I'm talking about preps to survive physically and maintain your ability to eat w/protection from the elements and not be overcome by the masses of other desparate people.

So Unless you are willing to go the whole niner...total uproot & relocation into a community such as Ivan Steins, simply prepare best you can w/the awareness of your limitations.

ps: Anchor, I love that "de-emote" term you posted! I'll remember that one!
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote