View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #56
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fear Mongering. Get off it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynderer View Post
Hi Chris -- i did not read the book -- i found the quote somewhere on the net -- i was in one of my periodic fits of great despair over what is being done to Mother Earth & the Animals, & it 'spoke to my condition,' as Quakers say

do you think that the healing came thru Dr Hawkins' touch? or was it because you had been/were in that exhilarating state of consciousness of hearing/grokking great truths presented as abstract thoughts? augmented by being w/others experiencing the same/being in that same dimension at Dr Hawkins' talk?

this might more properly belong in your transcending the ego thread -- in my rather feverish spiritual searching in my 20s & early 30s i came across this concept of transcending the ego -- this is a Buddhist teaching i think -- a path that has one of if not the most sophisticated & profound psychological understandings of the human mind , imo

but this is not my path -- to me, 'ego' is 'I am' -- the 'I am' who is looking out thru these eyes , typing this to send to another 'I am' , you, looking out thru your eyes as you read this

i think individualized consciousness is the greatest gift the Creator has endowed us with [tho at times it can feel like a curse] [smile]

w/ the ego, i see it as a case of it ain't what you got, it's what you do with what you got that counts

Peace & Freedom, wynderer/Kathleen
Its a good question Kathleen.
First I have witnessed quite a few "healings" through using various forms of energy work.
I believe that the presence of the "healer" awakens something within the "client" and the healing is then self promoted t some level beyond awareness. Karma may come into it-- who knows.

All I can say was that I wasn't in an excited state to meet Dr Hawkins, I put no head above or below my own.
There are many definitions of ego. Persona for example is different, so is self esteem.
In the spiritual understanding. Ego is an illusion a belief in the story in the head that me is the cause of everything in isolation from others, only the me is considered to be of any relevance. others thoughts and opinions matter not at all. Ego is allways right.
You are right the same self that you have I have and it is individualized. When ego is transcended, you are free to be yourself, but there are many levels of self going all the way up to God.
Hope this helps
Chris

Last edited by greybeard; 03-12-2010 at 02:05 PM.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote