View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 AM   #12
Ravens and Doves
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Service 2 Others = Service 2 Self

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANCOSO View Post
Often I’ve read that ascending to a higher spiritual level is gravely influenced by the factor if you have lived this life at service to oneself or at service to others.

In my opinion you can only be at service to others, when your own life is on track. To keep your life on track, you have to be at service to yourself first, in order to be genuine in your service to others.

Besides that, ‘giving’ – Service To Others - is the ultimate form of selfishness. In that perspective, Service To Others = Service To Self.

Right on the target, Trancoso. I could not say it better. I mentor of mine once said, "After all the spiritual books and philosophies have made their statements, the most spititual thing you can do is help anthother person... any person."

It really does work. After a short time of true-hearted service, volunteer or paid, you feel better. The more you put yourself forward... the stronger the self empowerment and the benighn empowerment of of those around you. Ater a while, your life, coupled with some spiritual/cultural study (or creating your own symbols and prayer sytems if your creative) will open up a door to crown chakra/kundalini and/or other types of epiphany... your own course in miracles.

The lifestyle has to be maintained. If you kick back... or worse, become idle or self destructive (like I'm on the edge of), you will loose the energy and have climb back up out of the dark hole. But the good you accomplished will live on. You might not get credit for if, the those you've helped will always remeber the kindness.

Paul
Ravens and Doves is offline   Reply With Quote