View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
Mystic Pilgrim
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to Dream more & understanding them better...

Hi there Shakesbeer & Bilderburger with Cheese!

Thanks for the suggestions and info on lucid dreaming. I'm trying some of the tips already

By the way, is it possible that you can dream better in a specific area than others, e.g. near temples and churches, traditionally known sacred sites, etc.? I was talking to one of our Project Avalon members about the effect of electromagnetic waves on brain activity, as well as dreaming. Anything you know about this?

Thanks in advance!

Mystic Pilgrim

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakesbeer View Post
bilderburger - Great advice thank you for adding to the thread. Your last point "dont forget to will yourself to have a dream about whatever it is you wish before going to sleep." I especially agree with and totally gets my resounding It's sincerely refreshing (like seeing the reinforcements rolling in) to hear other "dreamers", "travelers", "Onieronauts", etc all coin in with what we all know to try to piece together sense out of that wacky "astral plane".

Many get so caught up in the desire to do these things they forget what it is they actually want to do while "there". Honing in on that "wish", "desire", or "intention" of your dream is of the utmost importance.

TranceAm/Swanny - Also you can essentially "walk" or "guide" yourself to sleep via different meditation techniques, especially those who are well trained on visualizing through their 3rd eye, it's just a matter of getting "deeper" &/or "releasing" at one point.

Here's a way to induce a dream or lucid dream experience by guiding yourself to sleep. Imagine yourself gently "falling" asleep. Keep your conscious mind informed that you are going to be dreaming soon with an intention rich, accurate statement about what you want to achieve by guiding your consciousness into dream land. Remember to keep it simple, short, and repeatable.

Example of an intention focusing statement to aid in the visualization/imagination process of guiding yourself to sleep & into dreaming:

"I'm going to 'fall' asleep gently onto a cloud, then fly off to see the great pyramids"

Make your own as fantastic or "real world" as you'd like, it's all up to your own imagination and your own mind. So try to imagine something that won't freak you out too much so that you don't startle yourself awake again. We all have powerful minds that can manifest anything there, so if you "spin the wheel" with your destination while trying to guide yourself to sleep, there's no telling where you're going to end up.
Mystic Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote