View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #46
RaKaR
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Zeitgeist: Project Venus Pioneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideagoras View Post
I admire and applaud the cause and this initial proffering of a solution. I most respectfully disagree with how some here have expressed it (and I say this without criticism or judgement), but I do not believe the issue should be about whether one is "in/out" of this project. The artificial construct of the division/alienation of humanity is an ego-based, fear-based, and ignorance-based perspective. I believe there will be other solutions/ manifestations (hopefully many others) for humanity inspired by this project. For the movement behind this is the greater movement of humanity's collective transition out of its existing global "karmic wheel" (to borrow from one school of thought to describe this spiritual/material phenomena at the level of the individual), the karma of which has been building up, accumulating and it may very well point to the year 2012 as that ultimate point of release. The price will be steep, as steep as a 100 billion accumulated wrongs, a 100 billion acts of inhumanity, a 100 billion instances of hell. The price will undoubted be the collective suffering that we ourselves have caused and are now seeing unfold before our very eyes. Humanity's transition and advancement will be hard earned, for there are simply no short cuts for genuine spiritual advancement.

Such is the price to know God, the Divine, the Infinite. Such is the price to know ourselves. Such is the price to know love, to value life as a precious gift which we can share with others.

I hope that the focus of your project and all the material interpretations of social, economic, political and other systems and their organization will be based on creating an environment where humanity's spiritual (albeit not religious) advancement will be maximized. Humanity needs a billion Jesus(es), a billion Buddhas, a billion Mohameds, a billion Hindu masters--in other words people who related with each other from the heart, from the soul, from our infinities.

The material manifestation no matter how promising the Utopia may appear is an empty shell without the God Head, the divine being within.
Amen, ideagoras!

Thanks for your insights; Spirituality is certainly the Key.
As far as i can judge, this aspect is not neglected within Project Venus, in the contrary.
The second part of 'Zeitgeist: Addendum' is indeed entirely dedicated to the call to overcome one's own limitations and to aim at some genuine Spiritual Growth.
Furthermore, the points 2 and 18 and to a lesser extend 17 of the Declaration of Intentions of Project Venus(see below) onderline this necessity.

I do not know how this project is being perceived and/or presented by some other people on this Forum - as you seemed to point out - but for me it is just an option among many possible others.
I just feel so far at home here.

Regards,

RaKaR
www.futureofmankind.co.uk

1. Conserving all the world's resources as the common heritage of all of the Earth’s people.
2. Transcending all of the artificial boundaries that separate people.
3. Evolving from a monetary-based economy to a resource-based world economy.
4. Reclaiming and restoring the natural environment to the best of our ability.
5. Redesigning our cities, transportation systems, and agricultural and industrial plants so that they are energy efficient, clean, and conveniently serve the needs of all people.
6. Evolving towards a cybernated society that can gradually outgrow the need for all political local, national, and supra-national governments as a means of social management.
7. Sharing and applying all of the new technologies for the benefit of all nations.
8. Using clean, renewable energy sources such as wind, solar, geothermal, and tidal power, etc.
9. Ultimately utilizing the highest quality products for the benefit of all the world’s people.
10. Requiring environmental impact studies prior to construction of any mega-projects.
11. Encouraging the widest range of creativity and incentive toward constructive endeavor.
12. Assisting in stabilizing the world’s population through education and voluntary birth-control to conform to the carrying capacity of the earth.
13. Outgrowing nationalism, bigotry and prejudice through education.
14. Eliminating any type of elitism, technical or otherwise.
15. Arriving at methodologies by careful research rather than random opinions.
16. Enhancing communication in the new schools so that our language and education is relevant to the physical conditions of the world around us.
17. Providing not only the necessities of life but also offering challenges that stimulate the mind, emphasizing individuality rather than uniformity.
18. Finally, preparing people intellectually and emotionally for the possible changes that lie ahead.
RaKaR is offline   Reply With Quote