View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #689
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

For me what was helpful was to focus on one teacher at a time.
Its a bit like the magnifying glass, when it is held steady and focuses the suns rays it will burn paper. I stayed singularly with one teaching not running here and there till I was moved on to the next.

Both Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins were fixated on the truth but had given up on religion to supply the answers.
Dr Hawkins was shown non verbally the experience of the total suffering of the human race since time began, in his youth. From being a religious scrupulosity person he turned his back on his religion, High Episcopal and stopped believing in a God who could allow the human race to suffer.Later he found he was right but only partly in that the human ego cause the suffering not God.
He set forth by becoming a Dr to do what he could to alleviate human suffering but still pursued truth through the intellect and logic, reading the books of the greatest intellects of the world. Then came the moment when he was in depth of personal hell dying from an incurable disease he called out "If there is a God I ask him for help" God shock happened and he came to enlightened.
Eventually resuming work as Psychiatrist he found people miraculously cured by the presence within. Patients, cationic getting up and walking, so many cured. Eventually the Enlightenment matured to the point where he had to leave the world and go and live on his own, an ashram for one he calls it, spending time in meditation, oneness with God.

Eckhart Tolle was similar in that after enlightenment he was able to function in the world for a while, then two years spent sitting in a state of bliss on a park bench watching the world go by.
Both Eckhart Tolle and Dr Hawkins are now actively teaching what they know to be true from their subjective experience, not coming from any teaching, not channeled,though they are a channel but not channeling, however it is the same teaching that was taught thousands of years before Jesus.

To be clear Eckhart and DH are not channeling Angels, Ascended Masters, They are the hole in the flute through which the Christ breath flows through.
Its that simple.

Chris
Namaste.
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote