View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
lindabaker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: LOST: What's real, what's fiction

Traninedobserver: Are you saying that ALL writers are just now taking other ideas and using them? That there are no new, creative ideas? Surely writers use the internet as an aid, but where do the original ideas come from? I am part of a writing community and yes, of course, our knowledge and research comes into play. It has to, as we use our knowledge base, through the language in which we think and write . But that original spark, the reason for the story or storyline, must be brought forth as a new idea. However, having said that, there is evidence that new ideas can sometimes be "downloaded" to various creative artists at the same time, in very similar form. Nobody copied anybody. There are authors who don't know each other and who write in different languages, who all come up with the same imagery as if it were "given" to them. Same thing happens with fine artists. What about all of the twin tower paintings that were created before 9/11? Were those ripped off? I don't think so. Hmmmm. (By the way, I can't help you with the scientific backup on the simultaneous artistic expression information. Can't remember where I read it, but I think it was a study at one of the ivy league schools.)

Saying that the writers of LOST or other movies and tv shows are not using any original creative thought is an insult to anyone in the writing field. Linda
lindabaker is offline   Reply With Quote