View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #45
TtC
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Radiant zones and communities building..where are we up to ?

The matter of firearms and weapons in general is a matter that usually comes up. Differentiation and use must first be defined. Anything can be a weapon, whether it is bubblewrap, duct tape, or a Remington 700. I would like to bring to your attention how it is that livestock are usually slaughtered; it's usually with a gun to the back of the head. It is considered humane by most as, if done properly, providing instant death. Would you be more willing the slit the animal's throat, let it suffocated and bleed out? Now you have knifes. They can be tools or weapons, just depending on the intentions of the wielder. They are also relatively silent.

What happens when someone goes insane? Something will have to be done as those seeking shelter and whatnot may, indeed, not be of sound mind. It's like the murderer in the camp which no one is willing to do anything about. You can kill the person and end it immediately, you can knock the person unconscious and leave him for dead in the forest somewhere, or you can do nothing and be murdered along with everyone else at which point the murder may take his own life or just die on his way to the next village of thirst, hunger, disease, etc. There is a moral dilemma. On which side will you stand?

If you have to hunt for food, what are you going to use? Even if you do have firearms, what happens when your ammunition is depleted? Do you know how to make more? Could you make black powder from scratch? Projectile weapons whether it is a gun or a bow, offer increased range as well as keeping yourself out of harms way, relatively speaking. I will not go into the everlasting debate as to gun control, children, etc.

You must also take into account that the United States is a gun toting country. Most think it their god given right to have a gun. You must also think that most people are in a state of fear when it comes to this topic and will do anything to defend themselves. This may lead to people agreeing not to have firearms and then sneaking them in. It may even lead to personal searches, at which point the governing body will be somewhat hypocritical of the current situation with the government.

I am not surprised that people are dropping like flies when you tell them no guns. There is always the question of protection and fear. It is decision that is ultimately yours.

Personally, I know how to shoot both firearms and in archery. My bow is below with broad head arrows as I hunt with it as well.

To the post by Winterwolf: Can you make them understand what is going on? Most people are not willing to be unplugged and in the event that something big happens, most will not know how to cope with it. You can only help so much.
NorthernSanctuary & Mudra: I think the open chat would be a good idea.

Last edited by TtC; 07-20-2009 at 03:17 AM.
TtC is offline   Reply With Quote