View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #83
Dood
Avalon Golden Oldie

Default Re: Project avalon 2.. Are you havin a laugh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityofawareness View Post
The unspoken fact is that whom ever owns any forum is also whom ever decides what that forum can and can not be. this especially includes any and all time/energy that you put into any forum. So if the forum owner(s) want to remove your posts/threads, then so they can without any talking to anyone about it all.
This is very true. Like it or not there is NO 'Freedom of Speech' on ANY forum that I have seen.
Even ones that say they have Freedom of Speech it is in fact 'Restricted Speech'.

I find people are more concerned about Freedom of Speech on forums when in fact they need to care about this 'right' within our own counties.
We are losing (or have already lost) our supposedly Protected Right to Freedom of Speech.
Our 'Real Rights' to me are more important then what a forum will tell me what I can or cannot say.
I would suggest putting energy toward REAL Freedom of Speech in regards to the counties we live in then worry about what we can or cannot say on a forum.
Most of it is (Behavior Wise) common sense on a forum. People do not have to be taught/told how to act.
However, some make a choice to fire off snarky comments at one another and then try to follow up that it was 'just their opinion' or their 'freedom of speech' to justify their behavior.
When in fact it is just EGO talking.
Nothing wrong with sarcasm in my opinion if the person using it is not out to embarrass/hurt/attack/etc someone else.
Then on the other hand people need to have thicker skins...or...simply ignore someone when they are being trolled.

Never Feed the Troll!