View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
TraineeHuman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: meditation question

Regarding your first question: Repetitive movement of some part of the body during meditation is fairly common for a person relatively new to meditation. It's considered a good thing. I believe it has something to do with freeing your energy field from some repetitive habits -- or from some of your conditioning. Conditioning is always quite robotic or mechanical, really. In the Jewish faith, swaying your body from the waist up up and down is considered a desirable way to pray.

Regarding your second question: I believe that energy coming in from the top of your head is caused by exactly what Firedrake said was behind your first question. I would put it this way. There's a point (a chakra) about 8 or 9 inches above the head. That point is known in many meditation traditions as "the oversoul". It's the point where, energetically speaking, you connect with the entire universe -- or at least the entire physical universe. Once a person learns to meditate well, during meditation healing/divine/life energy comes pouring in from the oversoul and then into the body, entering the body at the top of the head. The fact that you can feel this is a very good sign indeed. Congratulations! If I were in your position, I wouldn't change anything anything for now.
TraineeHuman is offline   Reply With Quote