View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #16
ForsakenFalcon
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How can We take the Bible seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maya12-21-2012 View Post
I guess you didn't know that the bible was plagerized from the Egyptians.

I've read the bible and can appreciate the morals it provides. I can appreciate the parables as well but the number of contradicting statements makes it hard to give credence to validity.

In my opinion, religion is a HUGE scam. I believe we have an ultimate creator and most likely, it's a FEMALE because women are the ones who CREATE, not men.

Think about it.

Do you drop to your knees to pray to your God? I don't. My God wants to be treated like a best friend, not worshipped. He and/or she doesn't walk in front of me nor does he and/or she walk behind me...he and/or she walks next to me.

This is the most comfortable I've ever felt about religion. Please bear in mind that Iim not trying to convert you away from Christianity!!! I respect your belief system but don't agree with it.

Can we meet halfway and agree to disagree?

that's true Horus's story is basicly identical to that of Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGkRFFBd0A

Allso Disclaimer on My defence I never intended to have People disown there faith from the question I am asking and I greatly respect those whom take the possible and loveing aspects of what can be learned its just the "STORYS" in it I am questioning and I'm sorry I WILL NOT tip toe around a question if I see false with in the storys & I may seem offensive or like a ******* but I am generaly wanting awnsers to what I see doesn't fit, Nothing more.

This post has been moderated because inappropriate language has been used.

Last edited by John aka#404; 09-12-2008 at 01:48 AM. Reason: language
ForsakenFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote