View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Consciousness and the Mind

I get what your saying here Tramik, and I agree with you that it's not about living in some altered consciousness state and ignoring the world around us. It's not about thinking our brain is the enemy so we're not going to use it anymore, that's for sure.

For me, it is though, about realizing I'm more than the thinker. I AM the consciousness behind the thinker. For me it's about connecting to the consciousness beyond the thinker and letting it flow freely through my 'four lower bodies' and world. The ideal is when the action starts in consciousness, in the heart, it is my guide, the father within doeth the work as Jesus said.

However, it then goes to the brain where it becomes real and applicable in this linear dimension.

So for me, it's not about ignoring the mind, rather realizing that it's a tool for the light to come into the world rather than who I am. I believe we get caught up in the story that the mind tells and mistakenly believe this is who we are. That story ultimately limits our abilities in this world because it's a story based on separation and illusion. When I affirm the reality that I AM infinite potentiality in the eternal Now, I AM that I AM, then I start to access that true divine power within. The story of thinking I'm anything less than that is the limiting factor, and it's the ego using the mind that is creating that story.

Again though, I agree with your direction here. We are here to help effect change in our world, and truly the best way to effect a change in consciousness within ourselves, is to take the attention off of ourselves and put it onto those and the world around us. The more we help others awaken to the divinity within them, the more we will awaken to the divinity within ourselves.

That being said, when you do achieve enlightenment, you are not about to be steamrolled by anyone. I believe you will feel virtually infinitely more alive than the thinker allows you to, and you will be far more aware of what is happening within and around you than you can possibly be while still living through the ego. You'll also be much more effective at bringing forth change on this planet, perhaps infinitely so, than you will before enlightenment.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote