View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 03:29 AM   #19
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Canada's Inuit notice the Sun is not where it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid56 View Post
I watched a CBC (Canada) news story that mentioned that the Inuit of Canada have noticed during the last several years that the Sun is sometimes not where it should be.

Elders across Nunavut have noticed that the sun and stars have changed their position in the sky. The sun is now rising higher and staying longer than it used to.
Where are their facts to back this up?

This is about as good as hearsay.

Proving this would be simple. Any one with a little knowledge of math knows, for any day in time during the year, there is an exact mathematical calculation, based on the known tilt of the earth in the orbit around the sun, and the latitude that you stand at, to determine the EXACT angle of the sun to earth. Shadows represent that EXACT angle.

So anyone who makes claims of "the sun is not where it should be", should be able to substantiate their "claim", with EXACT evidence of the angle of the sunlight landing on earth.

I haven't seen one who has done it yet.

It's because the Sun is EXACTLY where it has been for centuries.
-----------------------

On another subject, this very same calculation can be used to determine whether the governments stations at the South Pole, Antarctica, are really at the direct point of the South Pole, or 90S. At 90S, it is impossible for the Sun to rise any higher in the sky than 23.44 degrees. That is the exact tilt of the earth in the solar orbit around the sun, all year long.

So the shadows caused by the Sun, at max height, will never have angles greater than 23.44 degrees off the horizon. So one can look at shadows in photos taken supposedly at 90S, or the direct south pole, and determine whether the truth is being told.

I've seen a lot of pictures of the South Pole station where the sun shadows are greater than 23.44 degrees. At this point, I have concluded the Governments are hiding what really exists at the direct South Pole, and the direct North Pole.

Last edited by KathyT; 12-12-2009 at 03:36 AM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote