View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #14
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Fibonacci Reborn

So I just did the opposite with the powers, with playing with the base number. Marko Rodin shows us the doubling technique which is a 2^X function. Here is a graph with the functions 2^X through 9^X. After 9, 10 repeats the cycle obviously. Both 10 and 1 in MOD9 function always equals one.

Now if you ignore the first row, which is X^0 power (always equals one), and start the pattern from the second row, X^1, everything has a mirrored pattern. 1 with 9, 4 with 7, 2 with 5, 3 & 6 (This is the only pattern that is slightly different stlye pattern but a mirror nonetheless), while 8 is the only number who does not have a mirror with the 1 & 8 repeating pattern. Interesting thing is, a complete 2D matrix in base 9 consists of 81 units too (9^2).

I do not know what the uniqueness of this eight means metaphysically but only seems to reinforce what I previously said about eight with infinity and the density. 1 and 8 though are the two numbers that oscillate with each other in the Fibonacci sequence.

The 4 and 7 base powers form triangles when drawn out in the circle of life (Marko Rodins MOD9 circle with the numbers 1,4,7). The 2 and 6 base powers form the infinity sign in the circle of life (as normally seen in his traditional picture).

The interesting thing here is if you drew the number sequences for each power on the circle of life. The entire image would all be perfectly symmetrical down the central vertical axis except for the 1,4,7 triangle which throws it off. This is rather peculiar. 1,4,7 are also 3 numbers that are all part of the Fibonacci total sum I already shared about.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote