View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: One Reality or Multiple Realities??

Thanks for this question Viking. It's both an important distinction to make...and an equally unimportant one. But indeed everyone will have their own answer I am sure.

At the current time in my life I am leaning towards everyone having their own specific reality. I think that is why as Krishnamurti put it...Truth is not a fixed point you can reach. I think that were I to design an experience for myself, or for others, I might decide that this is the avenue with the most variety.

Yet I would throw in a caveat, that sometimes under the right circumstances, and if THE WILL is there, individuals can share realities, join realities into a cohesive picture.

Perhaps those individuals may even manifest a collective reality which--As strange as it sounds---encompasses BOTH individual realities and collective realities together.

I do think that the closest thing to "ultimate" understanding that is necessary for a human to grasp, is that we are all ONE

A being who thinks it is many, imagines itself to be, dreams itself to be, yet is ONE
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote