View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #25
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Can a nuclear bomb destroy a human soul?

Can a nuclear bomb destroy a human soul?

Perhaps we have a confusion in terminology.

Otherwise, the question, our entire existence (including this forum),
is a grand waste of time, foisted upon monkeys by monkeys.

Perhaps a differentiation between "spirit" and "soul" is in order.
Caution: Fred is going to use the scary "God/unknowable, ultimate creator" word later, so cover your ears.
Now, everyone else's use of them always confuses me. Using them interchangeably confuses me, even more. So most likely, mine will add to your confusion, but I'll throw it in, anyway.

Spirit: Anytime "intent" manifests to... let say... a physical plane, you get spirit. Whether this comes with "intelligence" prolly varies with the job/intent. But spirit is what I term a resultant phenomena. NOT the same as an eternal life form.

Whether some one "casts a spell", a planet comes into being, 2 animals have sex which makes more animals, on and on, what you have is still "resultant" life, spirit, manifestation. Kill the thing, and the spirit dissipates. Kill the spirit and so goes the thing.

While humans are all of that, we are also more...

Soul: Whether spoken of as an individual case, or a collective individual case, or likened to a field of flowers, it's creation, life, limits, are all beyond our ultimate control.

Neither do such attributes of our soul belong to, or are controlled by any other species, either. The "biggest"/sorriest thing they can do is waste their energy in the illusion they have it... neglecting/projecting their own plight.

God (I warned ya) created this eternal life we have/share, and it stretches beyond time, space, species, or any combination you might choose.

Full knowledge of the perfect, timeless thing we are, rests within us at all times, inviolate by any other form of same. (perfect, unless you wish to suggest a "creator" that creates imperfection for it's own entertainment)

What comes with that existence is the "magic ride" of all time (literally). The beauty and gift of being a perfect lense for that creative gift, as high, long, and hard as we could imagine. and then some. Such remains eternally within our grasp, within our ability to give.

What came "after" that, was everything after the "big bang" of sorts, and not our creator's doing, tho it lives within the creator's forebearance... and forgiveness. (read fore-giveness)

So.... (damn that took a bit of typing)

within such a framework:

Um.... no.

Fred

PS: I did also come up with a "short" though smart-a$$ed answer, too.

Yes! The soul of whoever sets off the device.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat

Last edited by Fredkc; 02-10-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote