View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #38
3optic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Al Gore won't debate Lord Christopher Monckton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Personal remarks get in the way.

Please re-read my posts. I haven't argued against any of the points in your quoted post. Your points are all about why it's a good idea for our benefit that he has a debate. My points are that he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to, and that if he did want to have a debate, why on earth would it be with a small time minor YouTube celebrity like Monckton. Your points are not in contradiction with my points. Why are you acting like they are?
Digi, I have read your posts and I think I have understood what you mean. The problem is the word "owe" in this instance is very subjective and could mean many different things. Someone may think Al Gore owes "the truth" or "good behavior" or "decency" regardless if he's a public figure or a mailman. Maybe one is a relativist that believes nobody owes anyone anything or that all accounts are settled by karma or nature or God.

I think the sentiment here with many is that Mr. Gore has deliberately misled and distorted the truth for his own personal gain and/or the furtherance of an undemocratic agenda.

I recognize this doesn't address Gore's obligation to the "nobody"s of this world. I had no idea such a class existed. How little regard you must have for your mailman!
3optic is offline   Reply With Quote