View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #30
Digi
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Al Gore won't debate Lord Christopher Monckton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddo View Post
2 corrections....You never said anything.....period.

Yes he does owe us this seeing as he has placed himself in the public domain and tries to speak "on behalf" of humanity and is trying to have said humanity taxed to the hilt built on lies and fabrications.
Let's not get personal here, we're having a discussion.

When did he sign this contract? When does one sign the "I would like to be in the public domain, and therefore I will debate people" clause? We don't own celebrities, any more than we can own any other human. Of course, I'd like it if he had, and I'd love to own celebrities, but we just don't. They get to come on stage, say stuff, and then leave. They don't have to take requests any more than you do.

Does he try to speak "on behalf" of humanity? I couldn't find a quote of him saying that anywhere, after a few Google searches, and in fact this very page was the second result for: "on behalf of humanity" Al Gore. If you know of such a quote, please post it.

If he does try to speak on behalf of humanity, well then he's mistaken. He doesn't speak on behalf of humanity, or in fact anyone but himself, as far as I know. The penalty for being wrong about that is that we all complain at him, and shout loudly that he does not speak for us, it isn't that we get to decide who he debates.

So why does he owe this?
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote