View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 AM   #13
invinoveritas

Default Re: The good news thread!

As soon as I figure out how to do it I am definintely subscribing to this thread. In addition to the great insights shared above about opportunities for spirutual growth and self awareness, I believe we're being blessed with the chance to relearn how to take care of ourselves in the most fundamental ways. The more daunting realities of the machinations of the world around us can also serve as excellent motivators to make choices which should be simple but have become difficult. For example, most of us are deeply considering, perhaps for the first time, the relationship between the soil, the seed, the plant, and our dinner table. The simple act of eating food that is in season, and maybe even grown by a neighbor, goes a long way toward our physical health, which then goes a long way again towards our emotional and spiritual health. And the fear that we may not be able to depend on our technology and other resources so long taken for granted can reawaken not just our sense of survival, but of humility and gratitude for what we have had and what we can have in the future. Maybe we are kind of lucky to be living in these times, where kindred spirits are showing up every day all around us. Cheers everybody!