View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:33 AM   #127
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: _AVALON LOUNGE_ Open 24 hours

A massage in that room past the bar sounds blissful right about now. A nice glass of wine, after that, will, definitely, make it better. Hey Dantheman, you're doing such a good job w/ the food and drinks. Since there is such a large selection of fine wines, how about some plates/platters of good artisanal fromage accompanied with nuts, fruit chutney, dried fruits and crackers; crudite or vegetable skewers w/ dip(s) and/or Antipasto. You know for those of us who just want to nibble at something with their drink. If you need more vegetarian meals for all our non-eating meat and fish friends like mudra, how about some:

* Blue cheese polenta cakes topped with a seasonal vegetable ragout
* A savory saffron french toast topped w/ carmelized fennel and drizzled with a saltana (golden) raisin vinaigrette
* Caramelized onion tart topped with mustard greens, caraway and pecans
* Chevre, tomato and basil tartlet
* Slow roasted ****take mushrooms in crispy potato cup w/ savoy cabbage
* Butternut squash ravioli with a sage and walnut brown butter sauce topped w/ parmesan cheese

I can, personally, tell you that these dishes are pretty tasty. Hey Gio, what do you think, my friend? Good joke, by the way. I raise my glass of wine to you Keralia, happy birthday.
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote