View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #623
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Dear Michael Cecil (4Q529)
You are right when you say there is no thinker.
In the words of a Beatles song.
"Nothing is real nothing to go on about"

Talking about is only alluding to and is not it.
Trying to keep it simple as I do.

The mind is like a radio receiver and picks up thought.
According to its "tuning" it picks up the latest "news"

There is nothing in this world of physicality but atoms in movement e-motion.
We are atoms in movement an electromagnetic fields with a personal vibration, an attractor field. it is the purpose of life to evolve so if we can leave at a higher vibration than we arrived then that is good.
We are a walking attractor field and will attract the negative or positive into our lives in accordance with the thought process, which is totally automatic.
We did not ask for a thought to arrive but however it does and thats ok.
The problem is when we call it my thought.
Thats the ego.
We are the actors on the stage in a powerful play and we have forgotten that we are but the actor not the character on stage
Non existent but so powerful is the ego, just a bundle of thoughts that we identify with as me.
The moment witwnessing consciousness identifies with a thought that is egoic.
Einstein did not claim to have invented his famous formula, he worked for years but it aluded him, then he awoke one morning with it there.
Thoughts are an electromagnetic energy field which we tune into, they are not personal till we make them "mine"

Dr David Hawkins wrote "Power versus Force" originally as a scientific paper which was presented to the scientific community. He wanted to bring spirituality into science in the form of consciousness research which he is still working on. Science is stuck in the Newtonian principal of cause and effect and must be measurable.. The world of the Mystic is not measurable.

But is this information helpful in transcending ego?
I dont know.
When you start on the spiritual path everything within you that is not of love comes up to be released, it can be unpleasant to find one thinking badly of others.
What works for me is surrendering these thoughts which I didnt ask to have and are not my true self, to God.
Even though it not my true self identification with the thought is very strong so its one thing to say the ego is non existent another thing to reaize that. if it was easy everyone would do it instantly. It takes the power of God to remove what we have created in identifying with thought.

Regards an welcome to all new to the thread.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote