View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
Operator
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will the Netherlands be flooded?

yeah, lot's of maps were drawn already ....

However most of them reflect how the Netherlands would look like with the current sea level flooding the country.
Meantime you should think about rising sea levels and probably on top of that storm flooding, tsunami like waves.

A couple of meters above sea level won't do ...

To picture the situation you might face: look at 1953 with circumstances much more difficult, e.g. the authorities being busy
with other problems they have on their hands. Keep in mind that the flooding sometimes comes form the
other side ! Rivers flooding because of mass rainwater coming down from all over Europe.

I think being able to rescue yourself is key here. An inflatable boat sounds great and practical. I hope it will be sufficient.

Conditions may be rough ... and dry places could be tens of kilometers away. And if you arrive there what will the circumstances be in such an emergency ?

It's quite complex to design a masterplan on this beforehand.
Leaving the area is of course a tough decision but creates a lot more great solutions. I guess the question however is much wider.

Look at your life in total and consider if you want to continue it just 'as is' or do you want to make adjustments.

I left Holland a couple of years ago because it all appears artificial to me. I wanted a more nature based life, so I left to the Caribbean.

I feel I have more freedom now to decide how to live my life but even more important now: have a (better) choice how
to stay safe during the bumpy ride of the coming years.

Don't forget: we are ALL co-creators and at least there must be room for FREE WILL

Succes jongens
Operator is offline   Reply With Quote