View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #17
gazbom
Banned

Default Re: Will the Netherlands be flooded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja Morit View Post
As shown in your posts the situation is very complex indeed. First question is what scenario has to be anticipated for.
Tsunami waves from the Atlantic, allthough buffered somewhat by the UK, will have a sudden and devastating impact. A house boat will not be safe, an inflatable boat might be of use afterwards. Waves of 10m f.e. will reach a line from Eindhoven, Nijmegen to Groningen; see floodmap on http://flood.firetree.net/. Because of the broken dikes, half of the Netherlands will remain under water afterwards.
A slower inundation gives us the opportunty to move. But yes ... how to accomodate 10 millions of people in the eastern part! Great example also of the chloride factory! It shows the risks of chemicals being released in the environment and the soothing behaviour of our authorities.

Personally I choose to inform myself properly and meanwhile not to feed any fear. The way I deal with the situation is as expressed beautifully in a previous post: 'I am safe although my 3D body isn't.' Thank you so much for this phrase!
Hy,
It will happen for sure, we, my wife and I live in Alkmaar and we thinking of selling the house and moving to France!
gazbom is offline   Reply With Quote