View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #102
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Invited by Aliens: Would You Join Them To Their Homeworld?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainedobserver View Post
I don't think that is happening. I mean them reading the Internet , the evening paper or watching Fox News or whatever. From what I can gather, the ETs (or at least the ones making contact) are telepathic and don't use verbal communication or even language as humans do. At least that is the sort of thing that is being reported as I understand it. I might explain why there has never been any open contact in the way we might imagine or desire.

I don't see how a non-telepathic species can interface smoothly with a fully telepathic species. I'm not saying I'm an expert or anything, who would be, but it seems to be fraught with major pitfalls. Like Jacobs is found of saying, the ETs are not only technologically superior, they are neurologically superior, which is a much scarier and uncertain proposition. How do you reliably communicate when your central nervous systems are like apples and oranges?
I think they would communicate by direct transmission rather than telepathy. They in turn can read our responses mind to mind. We will still need some guidlines for first contact, if this should happen in a public manner. After all, people are briefed on how to properly greet the Queen or a President. I'm thinking here now of posture, hand gestures, head position, how to physically approach etc.

As regards reading the forums, & watch the tv.........personally, I believe they do tune in to these mediums to find out how we are progressing, & whats on our mind.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote