View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Spiralina
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: I am asking for some spiritual advice regarding abuse...

I hope I"m not disturbing anyone who is reading this string...

But, You asked for spiritual advice for treating symptoms of PTSD...

It's not simple to do because you have to overstand the physical connection that we have to our spiritual self.

By limiting your exposure to electrical gadgets, and artificial lighting, and listen to your body... in acheiving 'a natural environment', 'natural therapeutic levels of sleep', you will gradually revert back to it's natural state. Your spirit may respond first.

I wish you all the best.

Especially as anyone attempts to understand my messages. I've been accused of being a little confusing. My apologies.

You might check out spiritual herbs for treating nervous disoders. Otherwise known as herbs that calm the nerves, which comfort the soul and spirit.

Then there's rocking therapy.

Not alot is written about this. A baby is held, kept warm and rocked by her/his mother. I don't know why but it must be important to our development because it's inherent and observed the world over, every culture, tribe... the mothers and fathers rock or swing thier infant.

There's nothing on the market other then the hammock and the rocking chair to treat with. But this is something else to consider.

The act of rocking is in my opinion, a special treatment for PTSD.

Use a hammock and a comfortable rocking chair. If outside place a wind harp nearby. Soothing natural Tone vibrations has a healing affect our spirits.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...&hl=en&tab=wv#

I shouldn't overlook the healing potential of sleeping on the ground and walking barefoot.

Then there's the bodies response to the soothing vibrations of trickling water. Need for water is inherent and is of primal significance. Listening to water trickling can induce trance or the hypnotic state. Example... The combined vibrations (a babbling brook and tones of the wind harp) is likened to a harmonic convergence within the body.

It's easier to overstand if you compare the modern lifestyle with the lifestyles of the say... ; indigenous 'uncivilized' tribes people.

All of this and more... is the reason I began studying lifestyles of early pagan and indigenous peoples.

Gosh... I've really overdone it now. Please don't be offended... I merely offer my thoughts, in good faith.

Kind Regards,
Spiralina is offline   Reply With Quote