View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #358
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Project IBIS and Looking Glass disclosures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui D View Post
Thought that was a done deal already!
Tony Blair the ex prime minister of UK was up for it he has been sitting quietly in the back room so to speak, Gordon brown his lap dog is pushing for it also, he has made many friends with the European Union would not surprise me at all if he was made next president.:
Hi Jacqui D - I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, if there's a fix already. But if the phone lines are burning, I don't think it's a done deal, not according to the article I read in any case.

Earlier talk of a President Tony Blair, the former prime minister of Britain, has faded. Neither France nor Germany is said to back Mr. Blair, whose politics are center-left at a time when those key states have center-right governments. Yet the virtual loss of Blair has catapulted center-left British Foreign Minister David Miliband into a leading candidate role as Europe's high representative, or foreign minister. A center-right president will be balanced by a center-left foreign chief, sources say. Britain may get a top spot to help keep the ambiguously pro-Europe Britain more strongly in the new EU.

I guess there are actually 2 important positions, the President (rightish) and Foreign Minister (leftish). Here's another article about Blair:

Tony Blair’s chances of EU presidency fade amid calls for a chairman not a chief - October 30, 2009
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6896136.ece
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote