View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #60
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ALERT: Gun Confiscation, Maritial Law and Civil War in America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke View Post
Hi huyeii,
There's plenty of info on the net out there about the various ways the gov. is going about trying to covertly and overtly confiscate firearms. "The gov." is a big thing though, so it's not exactly cut and dried across the board state by state. Here's a search result for "firearm confiscation" from infowars, it's a start. I know people will say all kinds of bad things about A. Jones, but infowars stories are mostly culled from mainstream publications.

I started looking into this after I read about what happened in the wake of hurricane katrina. Here's an ABC news report that might get u started.
Those citizens' guns were legal btw.

While it might not be happening in front of your eyes, people are indeed creating things covertly like National Security/Presidential Directive 51. They want to take back what rights we ostensibly still have that may threaten their retention of power, but they realise that we won't just give our rights away, unless we're duped by our lazy/co-opted media. Unfortunately, it seems to be working well for now.

"You are the witness of change, and to counteract, we gotta take the power back." The power is information. Some is here on the web, but it's just a start. Best of luck though, it's damn tedious sifting through all this stuff to get what to you're after (truth).

I couldn't agree more about the need to take some personal responsibility for the current condition of the world we live in, but as far as I can tell, wether we like it or not, some things are simply imposed upon us by a small group who somehow got a leg up on the rest of us a long time ago. I'd say it's just about time to settle the score.
Thanks for the response. That ABC report talks about the confiscation that happened after hurricane Katrina. Congress subsequently enacted legisltion to prevent it from happening again. See:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0714-06.htm

Quote:
Published on Friday, June 18, 2006 by Reuters
Senate Votes to Bar Emergency Gun Confiscation

WASHINGTON - The U.S. Senate on Thursday voted to prohibit the confiscation of legally owned guns during an emergency like last year's Hurricane Katrina, marking another victory for the gun lobby.
I went to NRA. I figure that if "they" are confiscating guns you will read about it there first. I found contrary information. Gun rights, while still hotly debated, are being excercised at an increasing rate. Citizens are excercising there rights to bear arms without any real issues. I could find nothing there stating that guns are being confiscated anywhere in the US.

Without solid evidence I cant subscribe to the idea that its happening now. In the past I was not critical of stories like this and videos that were popular on youtube. I wont get caught circulating bad information again and will seek proof of things I hear.

We all need to take responsibilty for correcting the mess the world is in and stop blaming others.

I appreciate your response. Please dont take offense. I've just put on disinformation armor and feel empowered by it.

Last edited by hueyii; 12-10-2008 at 02:06 PM.
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote