View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #382
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Re: Bill Ryan's thread

Quote:
Very sad that people with an axe to grind are trying to use this thread as a public forum to row with bill. This is not the place for it
Thank You !!

I tried 3 times late last nite, to simply type that out, but my temper got in the way. I have a major flaw in my "eternally even temper" (ha!) for people who insist on doing the "you said, then he said, now whadda you say?" thing.

T'was something my mother used to call the game of "Let's you and him fight!". Who needs it!

Moving on...

Bill,
There is something I would like to get your take on. When you take bits of this'n that from the various revelations, something appears which I have trouble "settling for". Lemme spill out a "worst case", and go from there.

1. Man being a programmed life form, engineered by some other species for their purpose.
2. That even the glimpse we think we see at an ultimate creator is simply more of the same.
3. That our knowledge of ourselves, and our lot, is controlled so that even escape is an illusion (busy work). That there are enough of us willingly participating in this to keep it that way, and were that to change, our species would simply be re-engineered to regain control.

At this point, the story devolves into a "closed loop" which seems rather pointless. So a wrinkle is added:

4. "Benevolent" races arrive who are here "to help us", but through some limitations unknown are too damned "polite" (or whatever) to change the tune.

Here we basically arrive at the same point. We've simply acquired useless spectators.

No, I am not trying to paint you into a corner (my corner, damnit! Go find your own ). This is one of those silly logic traps for which I have yet to see the proper foothold beyond.

What I've seen in this life forces me to believe theres no such thing as a no-win scenario. I guess, like so many others, there is a piece missing. Perhaps "Join the club" is sufficient. Perhaps time will reveal.

Regards,
Fred

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote