View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #17
vril
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Underwater City found in Caribbean!

That's certainly an interesting article.
The place looks huge.
If this isn't some sort of hoax or a glitch with the processing of the satellite data it's a very exciting find.
Seems to be in shallow water so won't be hard for the team to begin studying the area.
The geometry seems very non fractal and rectilinear which is a usual sign of un natural design, although some rock formations do form in a Rectilinear manner.

As a side note I spent a few weeks on the island of Pohnpei in Micronesia about 12 years ago.
I made a few trips out to the ruins of Nan Madol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nan_Madol

My guide told me some interesting stories about the islanders beliefs in regards to the ruined city and temple complex.
What I found most interesting was that the islanders make no claim to having built the structures. They attribute the construction to two brothers Olosohpa and Olosihpa who arrived from a land in the west.
The legend goes on to say that they came to the island to build a city to commemorate a much older city that had existed in the area many years before, the older city had been destroyed and had sunk beneath the water.
The brothers built this new city themselves using what the islanders described as magical powers which involved among other things the levitation of huge basalt stones.
The complex is considered haunted by most of the islanders now, most of the locals wont go near the place out of fear.

Will be very interesting to see if this article turns out to be real.
vril is offline   Reply With Quote