Thread: Are you a vego?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
es7ter
Avalon Senior Member

Default Are you a vego?

I thought staring a thread about the raw revolution would be a good way to connect and share ideas. From my own experience I can say that eating raw vegan makes a huge difference. The meals are amazing from every aspect. Taste is outstanding, the nutritional value is quite high and despite all talk it is one of the most balanced diets there is.
There are revolutionaries, like Storm & Gingy Trefino (www.thegardendiet.com), David Wolfe with his Sun food diet success system and I rather like the Dr. Robert Young approach to a healthy way of being. Dr. Robert Young’s book was the first for me in experiencing this healthy and conscious eating phenomenon. Thanks to his book I got to search for the ultimate high, living in a clean, strong body, having a sharper mind and having more and more energy with every meal.
I am no saint and must say that sometimes I feel the need to eat for that special taste. Like chips or hash browns. Now even on a bad day my raw intake is between 60-70%. I have swings from vegetarian to vegan. Meat I have left behind for quite some time for several reasons. One being: I wouldn’t kill one just to eat (unless I had to survive and there was no other alternative), antoher is: digesting meat takes an awful lot of effort, basically digesting muscle. Not even the lions, hunter and carnivore would eat the muscle. Plus when we eat death we become death…you are also what you eat. And meat is treated with all kinds of stuff we don’t want to know about. But just quietly, it is there.
I know that many of you folks are still into eating the beast; I was some time ago. Having an Eastern European heritage means tasty roasts, meat dishes and the most delicious cold meats at every meal. Before I had the pleasure and blessing of discovering a more ethical and harmonious way of taking care of food, I used to eat the hell out of it.
Out of all honesty what really made me leave it behind is this… you can kill an animal today, but that animal could have the body tomorrow to kill you…I am the biggest animal lover I can be, so call me a girly girl; I can’t possibly eat my friends since my quantum moment of vegetarian tendencies.
But let’s say, that you are a fact orientated individual and airy fairy stuff won’t compute. There has been much information passed on about the food industries, dangerous additives, hormones, cruel treatment of animals, and so on. There must be an aspect to get even the most sceptical minds interested about a healthy eating global revolution. Whatever your reason is health or spiritual, taking the best care of your kids and feeding them food that will set them up for a long and health life, please take time to research the subject. It’s not about a trend; it’s about our very own survival. So I would like to close with one of my favourites from Mr. Einstein “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. “
I sincerely hope that I’ve got you feeling and thinking the change. All you need now is a little bit of action! Eat and live well.
es7ter is offline   Reply With Quote