View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #14
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Solar Healing - The Sun Gazing Process

The origin of this practice/belief have been traced to the Iron age where the Sun was believed to be God across many cultures - and this belief was resurrected in the pagan renaissance. For some reason it keeps popping up even today - I'm not here to say I'm a naysayer - but generally exposure to the sun has many positive health and/or mood enhancements (vitamin & seratonin production etc) so it's very common to feel observed benefits.

I would just like to add - use your discernment on this one - it's relatively safe if you follow the guidelines - but please keep in mind - we all have slightly different bodies from our genetics and our current state - and this can be something that for some may not be of benefit - actually to the contrary.

For example - if you are someone with mild Keretaconus (an eye condition often not diagnosed but prevalent in many - I would suggest this is not for you). Not spinning fear - just saying don't get caught up in the beliefs/testimonials of others - use your own discernment and make the best decision for you.

Blessings,
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote