View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:55 AM   #769
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

More on the ego
The Heisenberg Principal is, that which is observed by consciousness is changed.
Only observation is necessary, an awareness that is beyond thought holds the power.
Its a very complex subject which Hawkins goes into in some depth.
The kinesology technique that backs up Dr Hawkins subjective experience connects to the field of consciousness in which every event though and deed since time began is recorded. Using the test there is a yes or non yes response to a statement. Basically anything that does not exist, is not supportive of life, is an illusion, causes the muscle to go weak and everything that is true/ life supporting causes the muscle to be strong.
For various reasons only about 15% of the populous can use this test with accuracy.
Now the ego
The thought that I am a me is very powerful because we are infatuated with the me story.
Anything that comes and goes is not Truth. Ultimate Truth is unchanging. Truth cant change.
Thoughts have a wave form but they are not us. till we identify with the thought as mine.
Eckhart Tolle says Descartes had it backwards. "I AM THEREFORE I THINK" is more correct.
Its very complex unless you are very precise in the context of a statement.
What is true from one view point, at one level of understanding is not true at another.
Ultimate truth is only God is.
Then its a step down principal.
Very top is Ultimate God who is pure love and does nothing.
Next is God of creation who is busy moment by moment.
There are the Angels
There are the Avatars
There are the enlightened
Then there is the human race in various levels of vibration from Saints - unconditional love,
all the way down to the
serial child killer.
All these have there personal vibration, an energy field.
So the ego seems very powerful because we believe it to be so, only the power of God can remove that illusion.
Namaste.
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote