Default Re: Cults!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar View Post
oh boy!

GRENADE!!

*leaps for cover*
lol

I thought that would happen.

The main drivers I think that motivated me to do this were emails and communication through private channels that have come since I de-moderated myself, which have led me to conclude that the advice to discriminate before you assimilate needed reinforcement. Perhaps with the move away from actively moderating the forum, I have more time!

I realise that this could be seen to only apply or be "targeted" at the Thuban material and yes the timing would suggest that is one of the catalysts for me doing the work above. Not completely the case. One should consider what is being done to this forum in terms of re-organization, how it has been in the past. All the organizational structures that you are presented with in life must be subjected to rigorous review and testing. Not all of them are good for you!

From time to time I have felt moved to write up some advice, whether it be about the changing energetic environment of the matrix we exist in and the likely effects this has on us (crazy times!) or the simple practise of taking a freezing cold shower everyday, or improving some aspects of organization in your life to prepare to meet some types of material inconvenience in an orderly manner.

Here is one very pertinent example from the past, I posted this over a year ago, please read it in the context of this thread:

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1999

I'm with Krishnamurti; truth indeed is a pathless land. One may walk those paths with companions for a time, but each of us must retain, unconditionally, full responsibility and accountability for each step we take on the pathless walk to truth.

With respect to the Thuban Q&A material: I have not changed my mind. I stand by my statements that I made in that thread, true when I made them and still true, which was that I found resonance within for some of the Thuban Q&A material presented in that thread; in particular the answers to the questions that I asked. This is a personal matter and not one that should guide the thinking of others.

I have also been asked if this is still true (since the close/open of the thread), and I am sorry to disappoint you but I do not have an opinion that I want to express about it since I fully respect the freewill of others and do not want to set myself up in giving judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnamurti from post above
This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley....

So that is the first reason, from my point of view, why the Order of the Star should be dissolved. In spite of this, you will probably form other Orders, you will continue to belong to other organisations searching for Truth. I do not want to belong to any organisation of a spiritual kind; please understand this....

If an organisation be created for this purpose, it becomes a crutch, a weakness, a bondage, and must cripple the individual, and prevent him from growing, from establishing his uniqueness, which lies in the discovery for himself of that absolute, unconditioned Truth. So that is another reason why I have decided, as I happen to be the Head of the Order, to dissolve it.
AJ..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote