View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 AM   #13
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: President Obama answers questions on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking.Up View Post
Marijuana is the best plant we have for producing clothing, paper and much much other products that are vital for our civilisation. The products whos production today destroys acres and acres of forests. I'm all for the legalisation of marijuana and bringing it back to the industrial production.
The rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper my friend

You are confusing marijuana with hemp. Industrial hemp is quite different than marijuana. It's a completely different plant with a completely different growing and harvesting process- and it will only give you a headache if you try to smoke it. Yes, it is in the same "family" as marijuana but still very different.

The hemp/marijuana obfuscation was the key to demonizing the plant. It was done to protect the interests of the paper and timber industry. Hearst Paper pulled that one off in the 1930's.

A book called "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" is what you want to read. Below is a link.

You might also want to take a look at my last post about why legalization (the way the federal government wants to do it) might not be such a good thing.

http://www.jackherer.com/chapters.html

Last edited by shiftmonkey; 02-02-2010 at 01:23 AM.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote