View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #6
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Desire Is The Root of Nothing - A Fresh Look at Law of Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraineeHuman View Post
The only trouble is, most of our thoughts and desires are sub-conscious, or unconscious. People talk of the LOA only taking into account how they shape their conscious thoughts. Just because your conscious thoughts say: "I deserve a billion dollars tomorrow," that doesn't mean your sub-conscious isn't screaming back: "Nonsense. You haven't done anything that deserves that big a reward." And the sub-conscious thoughts are much stronger, and therefore God will manifest them rather than the conscious cheques.
Yeah, this is interesting analysis. I find it hard to accept that the Universe and/or God is listening and responding to each and every 6 billion souls on this planet and any other billion sentient beings elsewhere (possibly more billions). Which completely deflates half of the equation in this LOA thinking. Back to the Christian "faith" which provides the comforting blanket that the psyche needs to cope with being here. I know for many that's a pretty radical statement to evaluate - since we are so primed in the human condition that something above us is caring/helping/guiding/serving.

Also I totally agree, the subconscious I feel is operating in a whole other basis of sentience - and it's the limitation of the consciousness that keeps us "on the runway" ready for takeoff but cannot - so to speak.
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote