View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #13
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Collapse of US in 2 months

All this falls in line with what Gerald Celente, Peter Schiff, and Clif High have been saying for ages. Now, Clif thinks it will take a year for the dollar to be removed as the reserve currency - so it's not a case of "october 25, slam dunk" - but since spring China and Russia have been agitating for - if not removing the dollar as the reserve currency, then at least adding other currencies into the mix.

China is now stating that there are certain CDSs it will walk away from (i.e., not honor) - this might start the cards falling.

Japan (who has had major money problems for a long time) has just elected a new party which is not as pro-American banking/currency as the previous admin was.

Yes, commercial real estate is about to have some major problems. We have a lot of empty stores in our little town, and empty stores do not pay rents, and lack of rent makes payment on property notes difficult.

Seems to me like a "perfect storm" on the horizon. If you are alert, then you can get in out of the rain.

But, collapse completely? I think it will take a little longer than 60 days.
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote