View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #13
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 100 Percent of Fish in U.S. Streams Found Contaminated with Mercury

Sadly all fish and seafood is contaminated with mercury, some species have higher mercury levels than others ie: some species of tuna has incredibly high levels of mercury, also anything that spends time on the bottom of the sea floor like shrimp, lobster and crab are all contaminated with mercury and MANY other toxins that aren't even measured at this time...pcbs, plastics, radioactivity etc.

These toxins line our atmosphere and come down with the rain in every part of the world, so there are no lakes, rivers, seas or oceans anywhere that are toxin free.

www.gotmercury.org is a great website where you can get an estimate of how much mercury your ingesting every week, using calculations on the types of fish you eat. Once I examined the information it was enough to for me to basically quit eating fish, except for salmon several times a year. When I used to eat salmon several times a week....I loved orange roughy, shrimp and crab but have taken all of it out of my diet once I learned about not just the mercury, but everything else that pollutes the waters.

The navy has been dumping nuclear waste off the coasts of America since at least the mid 80s when my best friends sister, who was stationed on one of our ships would write home appalled at the fact that they were dumping radioactive waste 20 miles off the coast....

Industry has been using the waterways around the globe as a sewer for all kinds of toxic waste for decades and there's just no telling where that little fish you're eating has swam through, lived in or ingested. It got to the point where fear and food didn't bode well for a nice meal...there's just too much risk eating seafood, it's like Russian Roulette on your plate. One molecule toooo many of mercury and here come the shakes, or who knows what.

Most people have no idea how polluted the waters are and how bad it really is, this is one of the issues that is suffocating the Earth - the unhealthy waters and lack of pure oxygen.
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote