View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #23
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Resolve your dualities as preparation for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Hello Greybeard,

I read your post and some of it I did grasp and some of it did not quite grasp on first read. Will come back to it a bit later.

What I am experiencing is a sense of equanimity which is becoming more often than not in spite of my tendency to want to be passionate.

How did you arrive experientially at this level of understanding?
Hi Gnosis
Like you my passion has decreased, there neither attraction or aversion. If something happens and appropriate response is passion then thats what happens, if nothing of a passionate nature occurs thats ok too. You can apply that to virtually anything. Its like living life fully in the moment, no matter what.

My understanding of the moment came mainly second hand at first through the books cds, retreats etc. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle was a big break through, up till then it was all Indian Sages, very valuable.
My main source now is Dr David Hawkins.

Personal "proof" came through meditation which delivered some shattering experiences which I had not expected or looked for. One left me blissed out for two days. Never felt so loved in all my life. Just very fortunate.
We are all equal though. Put no head above your own.

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote